Johnny Davis- President
Johnny Davis' Accomplishments
- Kickboxing Titles
- 1985 - PKA World Welterweight Champion.
- 1987 - FFKA World Kick Boxing Champion.
- 1987 - ISKA United States Champion.
- Opened "Superfoot" Davis School of
- South Eastern Welterweight Champion.
- North Carolina Light Middle Weight Champion.
- East Coast Welterweight Champion.
- North Carolina
- 1984 - Grand Champion - Battle of Atlanta- Georgia ( Largest
Karate Tournament on the East Coast).
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Karate.
- Won over 250 medals, trophies and awards in competition...
- Civic Awards:
- 1984 - Outstanding Young Men Of America Award.
- 1985 - "Key to the City", Dillon South
Carolina (Presented by Mayor).
- 1985 - South Carolina State Citation ( Presented in
House of Representative by State Representative James Lockemy)
- 1988 - Presidential Award ( Presented by Dillon, SC.
Chamber of Commerce)
- 1981- 1989: Traveled throughout North America and Europe
- 1993: Created "Kick Box-A-Robics Program"
- 1996: Co-Founded "KO
Kickboxing" to Promote
Triple F Kickboxing Events.
- 1996: President of IKF
Semi Contact - Point Kickboxing©
for semi contact sport competition.
- 1997: Appointed to
Certified Seminar Instructors List.
- 1997: Appointed to
Officials Board as an IKF Certified Official.
- 1998: Appointed as one of the
- 1998: Created "Champions Training Tips"
- 1999: Appointed to
TV Production Commentary Team.
- 2000: Created The Johnny
Fitness Program" Copyright 2000.
- 2000: Assisted with
Promotions & Marketing.
- 2001: Winner Of The IKF Hall
Of Fame PRESTIGE AWARD
- 2001: Authored
The Johnny Davis Kickboxing Manual -
The Art Of Kickboxing.
- 2002: Founded "Art of Kickboxing
- 2003 - July: Produced and released the Johnny Davis Kickboxing Training
- 2003- May- Featured in Black Belt
Magazine (five page spread)
Met with 2008 Official Olympic Committee
in Beijing China regarding Kickboxing (see below)
- 2004 Executive
Producer of Triple "F" Kickboxing TV Show
and Bonded Promoter For Kickboxing in
the State of California
- 2002-Present- Freelance
Writer- Articles and Essays
- 2002-Present - Motivation Speaker - Moti-Fit©
- 2009- Present - Owner Rocklin Kickboxing and Boxing
- 2009- Licensed/ Bonded Amateur Promoter for the State of
Davis of AK Promotions Interview
For those of you who've met
Johnny Davis you find out after a few moments of talking with him that
he is passionate about the sport of Kickboxing. What's even more obvious is his
ability to explain and teach Kickboxing in a way that's unique to the sport.
Johnny is no doubt a natural born trainer and strives daily to encourage
participation as well as increase the visibility of the sport. Davis who
had an extensive career in the martial arts winning many Point Karate
tournaments and two world championships in Kickboxing was highly recognize in
the mid 80's for several memorable fights on ESPN. However, for about ten years
he disappeared from the martial arts scene.
In the past several years Davis' name has made a
resurgence in the Kickboxing community due to his work with the
Although, he retired in 1988, he never stopped working with the martial arts. In
1995, he began writing his autobiographical Kickboxing training manual. In 1996,
he and former World Champ
Sam Montgomery promoted a few IKF Sanctioned Kickboxing fights under the name
K. O. Kickboxing in the California Bay Area. It was at that time that he met
Steve Fossum and began his association with the
Davis strategy for promoting the
is by participating in functions like the recent Health and Fitness Fair in the
Sacramento area. He had several local
champions demonstrate to the thousands of people in attendance. He also set up
information booths at the annual DragonFest Martial
Arts Extravaganza held in Glendale, CA and other martial arts related
events. From special events to sending Press Releases, Davis is
attempting to put IKF Kickboxing at the top of the heap of contact
sports around the world.
In (2002), Johnny released his
Kickboxing training manual titled the Art of Kickboxing and started his Art of
Kickboxing (A. K.)Promotions company to further promote, teach and grow the sport of
Kickboxing. He jump started the year with his Kickboxing video series.
Additionally, he was featured in Black Belt Magazine's May edition (2002) Ringside Inc.who
sold his products in their Ringside
catalog. There is no doubt that Johnny Davis is back in the game and has
big plans to take the sport of Kickboxing to the next level!
We thought we would find out more about Johnny and his
relationship to the IKF. Therefore, we sat down with him for a few
minutes to find out what makes him tick.
The IKF would like to say thanks to Johnny
for his passion, desire and commitment to the sport of Kickboxing.